July 7, 2009

Daily Recipe: Pinkberry Ripoff - Blueberry Frozen Yogurt


Any Pinkberry addicts out there? I confess I am one. I will go way out of my way to get a Pinkberry in the city. It’s usually a big pain in the ass but well worth the treat. Now that I’m living in the boonies for the summer, there is no Pinkberry in sight. Tragic! Well, it turns out Pinkberry is a total racket and you can make the stuff at home in like 2 seconds. What I love about Pinkberry is the combination of tart and sweet yogurt combined with fresh fruit and nuts. If you groove on this too, try making this at-home version using non-fat Greek yogurt and frozen berries. You can use any berries you like just make sure to use frozen as they process easier than freshies. People, sometimes I love myself. Oh yah, and the internet where I learned you can do this. Here’s the recipe:

Blueberry Frozen Yogurt

  • 1 17.6 oz tub of Fage 0% yogurt

  • 12 oz. of frozen blueberries

  • 2 small packets of Sweet Leaf sweetener (optional) or Agave nectar to taste

  • 1/2 cup of slivered almonds (optional)


Preparation:

  1. Place the blueberries in your blender and blend on the “ice chop” funtion.  Basically you want to copy the berries but you don’t want to puree them.  You want the fruit to be a little chunky.

  2. Dump the yogurt into a bowl.

  3. Add the chopped berries.

  4. Stir in your sweetener and almonds.  You can play with the sweetener according to taste. Same with the nuts.

  5. When everything is well combined and all blue looking, transfer the yogurt into an airtight tupperware bowl.

  6. Deposit into your freezer for about 30 minutes – and voila….frozen yogurt Pinkberry style! I would not freeze for more than 30 minutes or it will get rock hard. Kids will even eat this stuff. It’s yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment