June 29, 2009

Daily Recipe: Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Thingys




Get ready to have a mind-blowing jalapenobacongasm, people. This one will knock your socks off. First off, I have to give full credit for this recipe to a fabulous blogger called The Pioneer Woman. I think she invented these. Regardless, this recipe calls for three ingredients, are simple to make, and pack a flavor wallop that will bring you to your knees. Best of all, these can be prepared ahead of time and cooked just before your party. TPW (The Pioneer Woman) says they can even be frozen raw and then cooked later. I found it very helpful to look at TPW's website for a play by play on how to easily prepare these. I suggest you do the same. I heart you, TPW. Will you be my goomah?

Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Thingys

Ingredients:

  • Bacon

  • Jalapeno Peppers

  • Chive Cream Cheese (or plain is fine but why not chive it up)


Preparation:

Slice the jalapeno peppers down the middle, lengthwise. With a small spoon,  remove all of the white membrane and seeds. This is where all of the heat is.  If you like it HOT, then save some of the white stuff but I like mine mild, so I removed  it all. Once that is done, schmere a liberal amount of cream cheese in the center of the pepper half. Finally, cut up your bacon so each slice is cut in thirds. Take a piece of bacon and wrap it around the pepper. Secure with a tooth pick. I made a little assembly line and first did all of the  deseeding, then did all of the cream cheese, then wrapped the bacon. It was mindless and oddly therapeutic. Yet I digress.....Now, you can either toss them in the fridge if you are  serving them the same day or you can put them in a ziploc bag and freeze them. When you are ready to cook them, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange the peppers on a wire try on a sheet pan or roasting pan. It's important that they be on a rack so the  bacon grease can drip off. Bake for 25-28 minutes depending on how crisp you like your bacon.

I like mine crispy, dude. Now, eat, savor.....jalapenobacongasm.

1 comment: