November 10, 2012
"True Love" Chocolate Chip Cake
I was passed this recipe by my cousin Carrie during my pregnancy with my daughter when all I craved was stuff with chocolate in it. I must warn you, it's highly addictive! One reason is that it's so delicious and gooey but another reason is that it only takes about 3-5 minutes to assemble from start to finish. This is really a "semi-homemade" cake but it tastes like it's made from scratch. The secret ingredient is Jello Instant Pudding which gives the cake the moist texture and yummy taste. This cake is the sole reason I gained 60 lbs during my pregnancy so buyer beware!
1 package of any store bought BUTTER yellow cake mix
8 oz sour cream
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup Canola Oil
4 oz package of JELLO Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 small package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Dump cake mix into a bowl.
3. Add 4 eggs, oil, and water into bowl
4. Add Jello Instant Pudding into bowl
5. Add in Sour Cream and using a hand mixer, blend until smooth
6. Put Chocolate chips in a separate bowl and coat with 1 tablespoon of flour. This is a great trick I recently learned that prevents your chocolate chips from sinking to the bottom.
7. Fold chocolate chips into the cake batter
8. Spray or grease 2 loaf pans, 1 big bundt pan, or really any kind of pan you like using. Just watch cooking times based on what you choose.
9. Fill the pans up 1/2 way because the cake will rise a lot. Pop them in the oven for 50 minutes at 350 degrees
10. Take out of oven, let cool, slice and enjoy! The second cake can be frozen and used for a future time.