October 6, 2012

Easy Healthy Pancakes Kids Love

Easy Healthy Pancakes Kids Love

My kids eat pancakes literally every morning.  I wish I was joking.  But I'm not.  Last night, I was fortunate enough to meet Katie Lee, comfort food cook extraordinaire and cookbook author.  Aside from being totes gorg, she gave me an amazing new recipe for healthy pancakes.  At first I was skeptical but then I made them and my kids LOVED them! There is no sugar, no chemicals, tons of protein, calcium, and fiber in this meal!!  And the best part is, they take about 1 minute to make.  Bottom line....I felt great about sending my kids off to take on their days after having this meal.

In a blender or vitamix, put:

  • 2 eggs

  • 1 cup of organic oats

  • 1 cup of lowfat organic cottage cheese

  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla

  • 4 drops of Stevia liquid (can be found anywhere but Whole Foods has it near the honey)

Blend until very smooth and make pancakes as you normally would. I heat a pan with butter over medium low heat, spoon the pancake batter in the pan, then wait for the bubbles to come through the batter. When they are bubbly, flip them. Cook for another 60 seconds or so. Add Syrup. Done!

No comments:

Post a Comment