UuuuAaaaa! These frozen treats will make you want to scratch yourself for joy. 5 minutes to make, healthy, and on a stick. What could be bad? I use mostly dark chocolate because it's better for you and I loves me some dark chocolate. But you can use whatever kind of chocolate you like. Except white chocolate because white chocolate is gross. You can also get crazy with toppings. I went for straight up walnuts but you can use toffy, almonds, sprinkles, whatevz.
Frozen Monkey Bars - makes 8
- 4 large bananas
- 1 cup dark chocolate bits
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate bits
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 8 popsicle sticks
1. Peel bananas and cut in half crosswise.
2. Insert the popsicle stick into the flat part of the
banana and shove up there about 3/4 the way to the top
3. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate together.
Takes about 1 min, 30 seconds to melt. Stir chocolate
4. Line a baking sheet with wax paper
5. Dunk banana pops in chocolate and coat all the way
around. A spatula helps spread the chocolate evenly.
6. Sprinkle with walnuts or toppings
7. Freeze for about 2 hours until the chocolate is hard
8. Eat and Enjoy
9. Wrap leftovers in wax paper and then in ziploc bag.
Store in freezer.